Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pregnancy experience-a blessing from GOD

Yesterday i along with my wife & daughter went to the birthday party of my friend's daughter.It was baby's first birthday.The occasion took me back into the past.It refreshed all those beautiful moments of pregnancy period.
I feel it was just yesterday when i was waiting for my first baby to born.It was 13th Jan 2007.My wife was experiencing frequent vomiting for some days.
Both of us went to see the doctor in the evening.After the checkup doctor conveyed me the news that i was eagerly expecting.
It was the happiest moments of my life..oh sorry our life.We were very happy & had a long discussion about various aspects of pregnancy period.Here i am writing my side of experience that is from a father's point of view.
Doctor told us the expected date of delivery to be 4 0r 5 sept 2007.I still remember,i was thinking how to wait for 9 months.Somehow,i wanted my baby immediately.I was dreaming about the first time when i would hold my baby in my hands.What kind of emotions i would go through when i saw my baby first time.I was going through so many feelings.In India,fathers are supposed to be strong & devoid of emotions.But i was simply alive.
One day i was watching discovery channel.The program was on pregnancy.The doctor expressed the opinion that you could build a strong relation with your unborn baby if you saw her during scanning.You can build strond bonding by talking to her. With your daily talks,you can enjoy a lifetime bonding.
I started regular talks with her.Infact i purchased a book on good stories.The stories had good moral messages.After coming from work,i used to narrate one story daily.
In the 6th month,my wife told me she started feeling baby's kicks.I used to keep my hand on my wife's belly to enjoy those kicks.Sometimes while narrating story, i felt stronger kicks as if my baby understood the story.
I read some books on pregnancy care & followed them.
I purchased more fruits & asked my wife to eat during pregnancy period.Everyday,we used to go for walk & discuss a lot of things about our baby.Ofcourse at the end of the, i used to count how many more days to wait.
Finally on 3rd sept 2007,i was blessed with a daughter.I thanked GOD & my Loving wife.The first time i held her in my hands,tears started rolling down my cheeks.I felt a tremendous sense of responsibility.
We kept her name"riya" meaning a kind of flower.Now she is 1 year 9 months old.
For all expectant parents, i recommend following sites for complete pregnancy care & tips:
A very important site.please visit here.
Advices on pregnancy.
It is for pregnancy information.
Fetus video week by week.
A to Z pregnancy topics.
It is about nutrition foods during pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment